Re: emacs + slime + ecl on Android?

From: jarausch
Subject: Re: emacs + slime + ecl on Android?
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 04:11:13 -0800 (PST)

On Friday, 6 March 2015 23:06:54 UTC+1, Pascal J. Bourguignon  wrote:
> But do you have an Android phone (device/system version) able to run
> that Emacs in Google play?  It cannot run either on Samsung S4 with
> Android 4.3 nor on Samsung A5 with Android 4.4.

Unfortunately, you're right - I should have tested it earlier.
Here, too, emacs crashes on my rooted Galaxy S3 mini (running CARBON).

The only way to run Lisp at the moment is DroidEdit which can run a file
through an external binary.
I have installed ecl from
https://github.com/YasuakiHonda/ECL-Precompiled-Binaries

DroidEdit shows the output of a running Lisp program but cannot take
interactive input.
I'm still looking for an alternate possibility,
Helmut