Re: calc: putting the top of the stack in the kill ring

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: calc: putting the top of the stack in the kill ring
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 14:42:20 +0100

Rainer Thiel <r.thiel@uni-jena.de> writes:

> I am sorry if I am missing something very basic here, but I cannot seem
> to find a way to put the result on top of the stack in the kill ring.  I
> am aware of the `Kill and Yank' section of the calc manual, but the
> problem is that M-w (calc-copy-region-as-kill) always copies the whole
> line.
>
> So when I say
>
>    2
>    3+
>
> I get
>
>    5
>
> but what is copied to the kill-ring with M-w is `1:  5'.
>
> Is there any easy way of copying only the number on stack (`5', in this
> case) into the kill-ring?

I don't know if there is already a possibility to get just the value
(opposed to the whole line) into the kill-ring.

But there is C-x * y.  You can use it typically in a buffer to get the
top of the stack into that buffer.

You might also consider to use 'y' from within the calc buffer.

Bye,
                                          Marco
--
http://www.wahlzone.de