Re: Emacs hangs on X11 paste--how to diagnose?

From: shponglespore
Subject: Re: Emacs hangs on X11 paste--how to diagnose?
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 11:46:57 -0700 (PDT)

Just to add a little more detail, I'm also using emacs in a client-server
config like some of the other posters in this thread, and the problem only
appears when I've been running emacs for a while, which is why I'm not
optimistic about diagnosing it myself.  I can't say for sure if re-starting the
server is necessary to fix it or if I can do it by just re-starting the client,
since I usually just re-start both.

FWIW my system is Ubuntu Trusty and my desktop is Cinnamon. No other programs
exhibit the same problem, and my emacs build exhibits standard X clipboard
behavior by default.