Re: if vs. when vs. and: style question

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: if vs. when vs. and: style question
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 16:36:30 +0100

Rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 8:11:23 PM UTC+5:30, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> > For 50 years CS has been living in the impoverished world of ASCII.
>> > This makes people think CS and math are more far apart than they
>> > essentially/really are.
>>
>> You might like to take a look at the Agda language,
>
> Yeah I know about
> 1. Agda... a bit overboard maybe?? but in the right direction
> 2. Fortress
> 3. Julia
> 4. Haskell (ghc) itself has a unicode extensions flag
>    after which we can write the rhses instead of the lhses
> => ⇒
> forall ∀
> <- →
> -> ←
> -<< ⤛
>>>- ⤜
Notice, that I asked the reader to compare the ease of input.

=>  super easy, two keys to type.
The unicode correspondance?  I would start typing C-x 8 RET double TAB
and not find it in the list.

So I would have to launch clisp,

   C-- slime RET clisp RET

wait for it to boot then type:

   (lschar :name "RIGHT_ARROW") RET

the search for double, and not find it, then copy and paste it from your
message,

   (char-name #\⇒)

obtain the character name as "RIGHTWARDS_DOUBLE_ARROW", then type

   C-x 8 RET rightward double arrow RET

which, even if I had know it from the start, is still much more
difficult to type than just =>.