Melpa: problem loading package list with latin 1

From: Q1999
Subject: Melpa: problem loading package list with latin 1
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 01:07:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

what would be the best way to solve the following problem? when i load the
package list, by default this happens in latin 1, my notebook hangs for a long
time. i think the culprit are the chinese or japanese characters in the
description of yatex. because i end up with a huge tmp buffer that starts round
about that point,  because emacs wants to know which coding system it should
load these characters with, because is see a group of numbers and slashes in
the descr of yatex in my package list buffer.

- exclude yatex?
- change the default coding system to utf-8? (don't want to C-x RET c every
time)
- "clean" the list during load with a regexp - if possible?

using pre built emacs on a slow notebook running Windows
(GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2014-11-29 on KAEL)

tx