Re: sending mail using tls using Emacs under Windows

From: Will Parsons
Subject: Re: sending mail using tls using Emacs under Windows
Date: 27 Mar 2015 17:40:25 GMT

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Will Parsons <varro@nodomain.invalid>
>> Date: 26 Mar 2015 20:57:48 GMT
>>
>> Sending via mail...
>> gnutls.el: (err=[-64] Error while reading file.) boot: (:priority
>> NORMAL :hostname smtp.gmail.com :loglevel 0 :min-prime-bits 256
>> :trustfiles (/usr/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt) :crlfiles nil :keylist nil
>> :verify-flags nil :verify-error nil :callbacks nil)
>> gnutls-negotiate: GnuTLS error: #<process smtpmail>, -64
>
> Do you have a certificate bundle in /usr/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt?

Since this is a native Windows Emacs, no such path exists.

In a separate reply, Sivaram suggested the setting:

 (setq gnutls-trustfiles '("c:/cygwin/usr/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.trust.crt"
                           "c:/cygwin/usr/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt"))

This works (thank you Sivaram), but of course it works because it
depends on having Cygwin installed.  That's not a problem for me,
since I have Cygwin installed anyway, but I think there must be part
of the puzzle missing if one is using only native Emacs and gnutls.

--
Will