Re: if vs. when vs. and: style question

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: if vs. when vs. and: style question
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 21:50:58 -0400

> Those conventions make sense when you work on the same field for long
> enough periods (students, specialized programmers...) but I guess that
> most of us deal with heterogeneous code on a regular basis. Heck, we do

I was talking about math, not code.
Of course, in cases like Coq and Agda, the overlap between the two can
be significant, so there's a commensurately strong pressure to make sure
the code follows the same notation as the math, to make it easier to
relate the two (which is often crucial, since the code is the one
that's mechanically checked to convince one that the math is right).

        Stefan