Some issues with erc-buffers

From: Igor Sosa Mayor
Subject: Some issues with erc-buffers
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 13:35:48 +0200

Hi,

since ERC is nowadays official part of emacs, I send this question to
this list.

I think since the update to emacs 24.4 I have 2 issues with my ERC
configuration:
1. previously ERC opened automatically after the connections one buffer
   per channel in erc-autojoin-channels-alist. Now the buffers are
   created only AFTER there is some activity in the channel;
2. the new created erc-buffers pop up, which I don't want...

I have among my configs the following:
(setq erc-join-buffer 'bury)
(setq erc-autojoin-timing 'ident)

I checked the changelog, the source code, etc. and I was unable to find
out whether there was some change which causes this behaviour...

Any hints?

Many thanks in advance.

Igor Sosa Mayor

--