Re: Is it possible to use another GUI client and connect it to Emacs?

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Is it possible to use another GUI client and connect it to Emacs?
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 17:19:52 +0100

"Tu, Do" <solidius4747@gmail.com> writes:

> For example, is it possible for me to write a package that connects Emacs from
> Firefox and exchange messages, so that I can manipulate texts and Firefox
> layout directly from headless Emacs server?

Well, the general way to let anything accept connections from firefox,
and have the messages affect the layout of firefox is to use the HTTP.
So, have your Emacs server run elnode or the web-server package and you
are away.

Another option would be to use one of the JS repls that are around. The
REPL runs on the browser but displays in Emacs.

Phil