defadvicing next-error

From: Timur Aydin
Subject: defadvicing next-error
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 15:18:16 +0300

Hi,

I had defadviced isearch-update a long time ago so that it also
recenters the screen and have never looked back. Best entry I made in my
.emacs.el :) Here is what I have for that:

(defadvice isearch-update (after recenter activate)
  (recenter))

Now I want to do the same thing with next-error:

(defadvice next-error (after recenter activate)
  (recenter))

But while this works most of the time, it doesn't work with the first
hit. And it doesn't work when a transition happens from one source file
to another. I get "recenter'ing a window that does not display
current-buffer".

So how do I get the recenter for every hit of next-error, just like
isearch-update?

Timur