RE: Help improving an elisp function

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: RE: Help improving an elisp function
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 15:57:27 +0000

> On
> Behalf Of Glen Stark
> Sent: Thursday, 2015 April 02 10:55
> To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Subject: Help improving an elisp function
>

> But it's pretty awful.  What I'd really like to do is have one function
> that looks up the buffer-name in question, and inserts the include
> statement, without jumping there.

It sounds like (with-current-buffer) is what you want to use
to avoid jumping to the other buffer.

> Also, I had originally had the line (seq gas-cpp-include-path (buffer-
> file-name)) in the find-what-provides function, but that wound up
> giving
> me the path to the buffer I was starting in, not the one that ggtags-
> find-
> definition took me to.  Can someone let me know what's going on there?
> Is the buffer only being updated after the function exits?

You might want to look at (file-name-directory).
Use it in (find-what-provides) to build the path you want,
then use the new (find-what-provides) in M-x insert-missing-include.

--
,Doug
Douglas Lewan

The human brain is the most complex thing known to man, according to the human
brain.