RE: Differences between identical strings in Emacs lisp

From: Jürgen Hartmann
Subject: RE: Differences between identical strings in Emacs lisp
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 15:44:21 +0200

Argh! Writing about it, I did the same mistake again.

Please forget the wrong example in my previous post:

> Because of the latter we have equality for example
> between "\xBA" and (concat '(#x3FFFBA)):
>
>    (string= "\xBA" (concat '(#x3FFFBA)))
>    --> t

Of course "\xBA" and "\x3FFFBA" represent the same raw byte \272 and both in
an unibyte string. Therefore they are trivially equal.

And what makes it even more embarrassing: I already wrote it right in another
post before.

Sorry.

Juergen