Re: recenter and visual-line-mode

From: Milan Stanojević
Subject: Re: recenter and visual-line-mode
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 15:59:16 -0400

Here is the elisp code illustrating the issue. Run "emacs -Q" and make
sure your window manager won't mess up with size of the frame (e.g. if
you are using xmonad like I am, just make the frame floating).

Open the attached file and do M-x eval-buffer.

I get the following output
A was on 1, after recenter it is on 1
B was on 1, after recenter it is on 1
C was on 1, after recenter it is on 1
D was on 1, after recenter it is on 1
E was on 1, after recenter it is on 0
F was on 1, after recenter it is on 0
G was on 1, after recenter it is on 0
H was on 1, after recenter it is on 0

This shows that running (recenter 0) at different points of the same
screen line leads to different behavior and it seems that the
difference comes from where the point would be without
visual-line-mode. I think in all cases the point should be at the top
of the line, but that is not the case for ABCD.