[Emacs, Xorg?] Different icons for servers

From: Rasmus
Subject: [Emacs, Xorg?] Different icons for servers
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 00:50:47 +0200

Hi,

I would like to start Emacs servers, that are recognized as separate
programs and have separate icons.

I use Emacs for various purposes such as music, email, note capturing, and
"the rest".  For some of these I like to run dedicated daemons/servers.
E.g. this is how I start EMMS (from emms.desktop):

emacsclient -s emms -ca '' --eval "(progn (toggle-frame-maximized)
(emms-smart-browse))" -F '((title . "EMMS"))'

I would like to communicate to X or my DE (Gnome-Shell) that each Emacs
server is a separate program with it's own "class".  I think this is would
be "changing the x-resource-class for each server" in Emacs lingo.

Further, I would like to change the icon associated with a server.  I
tried to add something like the following to my -F cons list:

(icon-type . "/home/rasmus/.local/share/icons/emms.png")

But it did not seem to have an effect.

I would appreciate help on this.

Thanks,
Rasmus