RE: [Solved] RE: Differences between identical strings in Emacs lisp

From: Jürgen Hartmann
Subject: RE: [Solved] RE: Differences between identical strings in Emacs lisp
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 12:40:13 +0200

Thank you, Thien-Thi Nguyen, for your smoothing words:

>> But now [...] I know the enemy, or at least its name.
>
> If you are referring to unibyte strings, i'd fancy a less
> adversarial stance, personally.

Right you are: One should always belive in the true goodness and virtue of
all kinds of strings and think positive. :-)

> Dealing w/ unibyte is like
> asking a young child for directions in a strange town.  If
> you understand the answers you receive, you may choose to be
> charmed.

So you mean that one might attain mild happiness and innocent luck from the
interaction with unibyte objects? I am definitely looking forward to it.

> Otherwise, only lost and frustrated (you can still
> choose to be charmed by your frustrations, i suppose -- just
> look at all the DENIGRATED-TEXT-EDITOR users out there :-D).

But also those benefit from THE-ONE-EDITOR: It establishes the contrast.

But seriously: From the profound advises I received from all of you I learned
that there are some traps related to this topic that have to be avoided or to
be handled which according caution.

So thank you all very much again.

Juergen