Re[4]: <Multi_key> is undefined

From: jonetsu
Subject: Re[4]: <Multi_key> is undefined
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 15:53:25 -0400

> From: Rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com>
> Date: 04/08/15 23:00
> Subject: Re: Re[2]: <Multi_key> is undefined

> 1. Try starting emacs with unset XMODIFIERS and see if the problem goes away

I have tried:

XMODIFIERS="" emacs

and:

/usr/bin/env -u XMODIFIERS emacs

And both of them get rid of the '<Multi_key> is undefined' emacs message, but
that's it.  The letter with the accent, as it appears at the (k)console,
firefox, sylpheed-claws client, etc... is not shown in emacs.

> 2. Why/what do you use ibus for?

Chinese.  Well, I try, as it seems to be quite broken in Linux Mint 17.  Either
it is broken, or the OS input method has seen some changes.  emacs does have a
Chinese input mode these days although it is really not nice to use.  I'm used
to ibus and emacs and have written a lot of text easily that way, on a previous
OS (Linux Mint 14, which I still boot when I have specifically Chinese text to
write).  Now I would like to use a more recent OS, and add actual pinyin
notation alongside Chinese hanzi.

So, so far, no, unsetting XMODIFIERS does not work.