How to quit/kill a paradox buffer?

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: How to quit/kill a paradox buffer?
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 14:27:00 +0100

I've discovered a problem with using paradox for package management,
in that when I've finished downloading/installing packages, I then
quit using "Quit" from the package menu dropdown. But, the paradox
package is still live and shows "Paradox Menu" as its buffer
heading.

How can I quit it completely and close its buffer, please?

Currently I use "C-x C-k" to quit/kill the buffer, but it doesn't
actually kill it cleanly, because when I start gnus afterwards I get
this message showing in the "*Messages*" buffer -

╭────
│gnutls.c: [0] (Emacs) fatal error: The TLS connection was non-properly
terminated.
╰────

This occasionally stops me from sending an email that I've just
written. So far the only workaround that I've found that works, is
to comment out this line from my "init.org"

;; (setq starttls-use-gnutls t
;;       starttls-gnutls-program "/usr/bin/gnutls-cli")

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 24.4.1.0