Re: Hang on startup on OS X (GUI only)

From: enterprise
Subject: Re: Hang on startup on OS X (GUI only)
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 14:03:12 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not exactly sure what is making Emacs crash, but I have noticed that
running emacs from
the command line (/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs-x86_64-10_9)
never fails and instantly starts Emacs.

Maybe it has something to do with the ruby startup script which is included in
emacsformacosx and the way yosemite reports system version (gestalt something
or other, which it does not do correctly btw as per console).

Until this is fixed I'm starting Emacs from cli.