Re: move selection by dragging it with the middle mouse button?

From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
Subject: Re: move selection by dragging it with the middle mouse button?
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 13:33:26 -0400

jarausch@skynet.be writes:

With my previous editor I could select some text (e.g. by dragging the left mouse button) and then by clicking and dragging with the middle mouse button I could move the selected text around.
Is this possible with Emacs and how?

No need for dragging, it is very slow. Better left click at the beginning of the region you want to move, right click twice at the end of the region. Middle click where you want to move the text to.

Or even faster avoid the mouse, by the time you got your hand to the mouse and found the cursor in the screen, you could have C-<space>, do a search with C-s, C-w, another search with C-s or C-r, and C-y =)

Best,
--
Jorge.