Re: sudo make install

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: sudo make install
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 16:57:45 +0200

Hello Bob,

Thanks for explaining all these details.  I think I'll try to rely on
the symbolic representation.

> So they set the umask explicitly to 022 there.  Hmm...  Not so
> friendly doing that there.  It overrides what the user has set.

As you expected, that is not really a problem in my specific case.
Anyway, it doesn't seem right.

Would something like "umask g+r,g+x,o+r,o+x" work better in the
Makefile?  This would avoid to make the umask more restictive in the 002
case.

> Whew!  Long message!

Indeed.  Many thanks for your answer!

Regards,