cl-generic

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: cl-generic
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 18:27:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I recently downloaded the last git emacs version. With prior
versions I used the eieio-defmethod (or eieio--defmethod)
function to create method for a given eieio class. But now even
if there are aliases the suitable method is cl-defmethod.

With the old functions I was able to give a byte compile form
as method body but it does not seem to be possibl with
cl-defmethod. One might always define a method :

(cl-defmethod mymethod ....  and then execute (byte-compile
'mymethod) but I wonder if doing that the method body is really
byte compiled. So what to do if method body will be much more
time consuming if not byte compiled ?

Regards

Pierre