Re: Minibuffer tray to display current time and date

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Minibuffer tray to display current time and date
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 03:16:46 +0200

jorge.alfaro-murillo@yale.edu (Jorge A.
Alfaro-Murillo) writes:

> Running every 22 seconds is very inefficient, two
> out three calls will not change anything.

It is like the highway system.

Let's say there is a road that is 1 km, i.e.
1000 meter. A traditional pickup truck is about 17
feet, i.e. ~5 meters.

So the most efficient way to use that road is - let's
see - to drive there simultaneously with 1000/5 = 200
trucks! Right?

No - redundancy of resources is your friend - even
more so in computing, where it can be automatized.

But I'm just saying as a matter of principle and my
gut feeling. I didn't study this problem in detail and
it is your code. So keep it up.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573