RE: editing previous command in the *shell* buffer

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: RE: editing previous command in the *shell* buffer
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 14:18:40 +0000

I agree. This is a bit of a hole. I copy and paste and edit all the time.
It doesn't seem like it would be too hard to build,
but it's probably too little to bother getting permission from my employer
to give away. :(

> (2) type the first part of the command, and have M-p search for the
> previous occurrence of the command that starts with the same pattern
> I've typed in. This is an xemacs feature I sorely miss.  C-s just isn't
> the same. If often finds all sorts of other cruft you have to skip
> over.

This sounds like it would be a good addition. I use M-/ to do such a thing,
but that does get a little tedious.
Does the xemacs lisp port to GNU emacs?

> thanks,
>
> Chris
[Doug Lewan]

--
,Doug
Douglas Lewan

The human brain is the most complex thing known to man, according to the human
brain.