Re: ediff question ...

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: ediff question ...
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 02:50:05 +0100

gnuist006@gmail.com writes:

> Hi, Can anyone reply and explain what Cano Jonathan askd in 1997 ... ?
>
> On Thursday, February 6, 1997 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, cano_jonathan wrote:
>>
>> I'm using ediff to merge some files.  I've been reading through the
>> ediff documentation and I can't figure out how to do the following:
>>
>> I want to be able to jump the the next (or previous) diff that meets
>> the following criteria:
>>
>>      1) the prefered revision is buffer A
>>
>>                or
>>
>>      2) there is a revision A/B conflict.
>>
>> I read *ediff info* on "selective browsing" but I don't understand how
>> to use the #f or #h mechanism to achieve the objective I've described
>> above.

I have no idea.  I use diff-mode, not ediff.  It seems that regular
help-gnu-emacs readers don't know either.

Try asking at http://emacs.reddit.com/ the folks there are more into
fancy packages like ediff than people are here.

There's also smerge-mode which is new and introduces some new features.
I haven't tried it, but it may be useful for what you want.

BR,
Robert Thorpe