Re: reddit (was: Re: ediff question ...)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: reddit (was: Re: ediff question ...)
Date: Sat, 02 May 2015 19:48:45 +0200

Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> writes:

> There seem to be a lot of ex-Vim people there, lots
> of people using Evil and Spacemacs. Packages from
> Melpa & Marmalade seem very popular.

You are like an explorer who seek out new tribal
islands and then try to explain them to your tribe
back home...

I didn't know there was a migration from Vim (or
infiltration one should say with Evil and Spacemacs).
But they are welcome, of course!

As for M&M packs that gold rush never caught my
enthusiasm. I think I use less then five packs all in
all, most of them ELPA. I just never had problems that
would require such radical steps to be solved...

But I know some people react instinctively positively
to new things. I on the other hand always compare them
to the old things. And most often the old things are
no worse. But to be entirely unaware of new things is
perhaps a disadvantage (almost) as big...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573