Re: Transparent decryption on OSX - SOLVED

From: Monroe, Will
Subject: Re: Transparent decryption on OSX - SOLVED
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 15:52:08 -0500

   Hello,
   I was able to solve this problem with some help from nice folks on the
   #emacs IRC channel.
   First, I verified that I didn't have a gpg agent/daemon running the two
   commands below.  In both cases, I had no information returned.
   echo $GPG_AGENT_INFO
   echo $GPG_TTY
   So I was running gpg version 1.4 with no agent.  However, I had both
   gpg (1.4) and gpg2 (2.0) on my  machine running OSX 10.10.  I was
   advised that gpg doesn't run gpg-agent by default but that gpg2 did.
   So I added the code below to my config:
   (if (eq system-type 'gnu/linux)
   (setq epg-gpg-program "/usr/bin/gpg2"))
   (if (eq system-type 'darwin)
   (setq epg-gpg-program "/usr/local/bin/gpg2"))
   All this does is identify whether or not I'm using my Linux or OSX
   machines and then set the variable for the gpg program to use.  With
   this I was able to decrypt/encrypt without entering my passphrase each
   time.
   I'm sure I've left out important details but this seems to be working
   fine on both machines.  Hope this helps someone.
   Will