Re: Emacs Book Vs Emacs Manuals

From: Vaidheeswaran C
Subject: Re: Emacs Book Vs Emacs Manuals
Date: Sat, 09 May 2015 15:44:07 +0530

On Friday 08 May 2015 07:09 PM, Phillip Lord wrote:

> I wish this were true. Actually, the tutorial is not a good
> introduction to emacs.

I have been using Emacs for almost a decade now.  My initial struggles
are just vague memories.

If you were to write this tutorial, how will you structure it. (Just
some quick notes would do)

If you (Hello There!), are a user who has started using Emacs
recently...If could share yours WTFs or suggestions, I will make a
note of it and fold it in to "The Emacs Book" I am working on.

NB: "The Emacs Book" is just a vapourware right now.  I am looking for
inputs from the user community.  If all goes well and if there is some
good initial meat, I may even propose to Emacs maintainers to host a
repository for this book.