Re: How to bring previous-buffer to cycle through the full list of buffe

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: How to bring previous-buffer to cycle through the full list of buffers
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 14:29:58 +0200

> After the windows history is exhausted by repetitively applying
> previous-buffer, the cycling continues with all the other buffers in the
> global buffer list, but this time unconditionally skipping those of them that
> are visible in other windows--regardless of the setting in
> switch-to-visible-buffer.

Try to replace the line

          (if (get-buffer-window buffer frame)

with

          (if (and (not switch-to-visible-buffer)
                   (get-buffer-window new-buffer frame))

in both `switch-to-prev-buffer' and `switch-to-next-buffer' (move these
functions to your .emacs if you cannot rebuild Emacs).

I didn't test this and don't know whether it has any adversary effect,
so you may have to play around with it ;-)

martin