Re: What is a word?

From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
Subject: Re: What is a word?
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 16:26:11 -0400

Eli Zaretskii writes:

[...]
Each major mode defines its own word-constituent characters. In general, any character that can appear in a symbol recognized by the programming language of the mode is a word-constituent character in that mode. So "word" has different meanings in different major modes. For example, the '-' character is word-constituent in Lisp, but not in C.

Also some minor modes affect the meaning of word, for example the minor mode subword-mode changes the definition of word so it respects the CamelCase convention.

--
Jorge.