RE: ispell-buffer skips repetitive suspects after the first is accepted

From: Jürgen Hartmann
Subject: RE: ispell-buffer skips repetitive suspects after the first is accepted
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 11:22:11 +0200

Francis Belliveau wrote:

> Ok Juergen, I see the difference. It is a nuance that I missed since I have
> never used ispell.
>
> However, I still stand on the fact that if the original programmer thought
> this a useful feature, then it should remain available. I acknowledge that
> you think that it is a bad feature, therefore and option should be available
> for users to choose which action they feel appropriate/
>
> I know that in general these types of options can get very prolific. However,
> with proper choice of default behavior, few will have the need to deal with
> them. Also, with proper documentation of options, those that do’t like a
> behavior can get what they want also.

I totally agree with you: If this is an advantageous feature or--to state it
more cautious--a property that others may rely on, it should never be
dropped, of course.

The question is now, whether we face something that is worthy of preservation
here. That's why I formulated the bug report more like "there is something we
don't understand" instead of "please remove that mistake". See

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2015-05/msg00326.html

Juergen