Re: dired: Always kill buffer after deletion

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: dired: Always kill buffer after deletion
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 13:01:03 +0200

Hello Florian.

> [...]
> After deleting dired asks if it should kill the buffer of a deleted
> directory.

This is indeed the default behavior if you have loaded "dired-x".

> Is there a setting to always kill the buffer after deletion?

Looking at the code (see `dired-clean-up-after-deletion'): no.

> Or are there any negative sideffects I failed to consider?

If you don't change your mind and want a file back, no, I don't think
so.  But currently you only can (setq dired-clean-up-buffers-too nil) to
avoid the questions, but the buffers will then not be killed.

I totally agree that the default behavior is more distracting than
helpful.  Maybe you want to file a bug report?

Regards,

Michael.