Re: Emacs Book Vs Emacs Manuals

From: Vaidheeswaran C
Subject: Re: Emacs Book Vs Emacs Manuals
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 11:20:43 +0530

On Monday 18 May 2015 07:45 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> I don't understand where you see reluctance to help.  From where I
> stand, I just took quite some time to save you from several
> pitfalls.

I understand that.

I also understand that you are a old (and stable) hand when it comes
to preparing (instructional) manuals.  I will neither question your
intention or expertise.

What I would have ALSO liked to hear from you is your inputs on what
would make "The Emacs Primer" a success.  For example, I am thinking
of multiple Emacs primers:

1. An Emacs Primer for Common Text Editing Tasks.
2. An Emacs Primer for Programmers.
3. An Emacs Primer for Thesis Writers.
4  An Emacs Primer for The Network Savvy.

In summary, I really don't want to talk about Emacs Manual.  I only
want to hear about it Emacs Primer (which is my current interest).

I would very much appreciate your notings on my (future) drafts.