No VC backend is responsible for

From: andrea crotti
Subject: No VC backend is responsible for
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 10:02:37 +0100

Hi guys,
I'm having a really annoying issue with vc.el, basically every time I
try to create a new file in a directory that it's not under revision
control system, I get something like:

vc-responsible-backend: No VC backend is responsible for
/home/username/hello.py

Eventually if I do it twice it actually opens, but not even always.

I'm using the Emacs Snapshot for Ubuntu 14.04 from here:

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-elisp/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8) of
2015-05-19 on lcy01-07

Which also has the issue that is not shipping the .el files but only the
compiled .elc, so it's also hard to know what is going on.

I also tried to remove the hook as suggested in some other places

(remove-hook 'find-file-hooks 'vc-find-file-hook)

but that doesn't seem to work either..

Any idea?
Thanks