Emacs Primer: Emacs on Mac

From: Vaidheeswaran C
Subject: Emacs Primer: Emacs on Mac
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 16:22:32 +0530

Are there are any Official pre-built binaries for Mac?  If there are
no official binaries, are there any "near"-official binaries?

How do you go about installing and configuring Emacs on Mac?  Any
common Mac specific installations or customizations.  Please be as
brief, correct and complete as possible.

ps: I have used Emacs on Debian and Windows.  I have NEVER used Mac
(and thus Emacs on Mac).  So stuff like Mac OS X 10.6, GNUstep, Cocoa,
Aquamacs, Ports etc. seem alike to me.