Re: split window

From: Dale Snell
Subject: Re: split window
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 14:31:08 -0700

On Tue, 26 May 2015 22:15:06 +0200, in message
CAMpX9QRs5AsBcDmh7i7vN=Pc_AxmirnrZXv8_a6opFxHguR6hA@mail.gmail.com,
Thomas Fischer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when I open the emacs in the shell the window is split horizontally
> into two parts. How can I open emacs without split.

This shouldn't be happening.  It sounds to me like there is
something amiss in your init file.  Three questions:

1.  Exactly how are you starting emacs?

2.  What do the two windows display?

3.  What happens if you start emacs as "emacs -nw -Q"?  (That will
start emacs without the init file.)

--Dales

--
People will accept your ideas much more readily if you tell them
that Benjamin Franklin said it first.