Re: Sorting buffer with string-collate-lessp

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Sorting buffer with string-collate-lessp
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 02:25:31 +0200

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

>> "Locale aware" stuff is always trouble which is why
>> I don't care for it but eat, sleep and dream an
>> assimilated Anglo-American when it comes to
>> computing, and with no shame or blame attached
>
> Maybe you'd care if your name was Émanuel given the
> fact that (string< "É" "å") is non-nil.

It is only impractical to bother with all that.
You can call me Manny if that feels better.

> Diacritics are used in English as well.

Not in Computer English.

>> But I don't see anything reoccurring so if it works
>> why not just put it in some init file and move on?
>
> It's for package. It seems bewildering that it's so
> "hard" to sort a buffer in this way.

OK, put it in a package then. That's beside the point.
I don't understand the problem. Did you solve it but
your are unhappy with the solution? Why? What's wrong
with it?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573