Re: split window

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: split window
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 15:09:10 -0400

> Emacs 24.5 (https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/news/NEWS.24.5) says
> 'tpu-edt.el' is now obsolete, so I may have to find a new editor.

The whole point of "obsolete" in Emacs is to give people a warning that
we're planning to remove the feature.  Of course, one way to react is to
try and cope without it (that's usually what we expect when there's
a clear replacement for the feature), but if that's not an option,
another way is to report a bug, saying that the feature should be kept.

In the case of the TPU emulation, the obvious path forward is to turn it
into a GNU ELPA package.  If you'd like to help us with that, that would
be great.

        Stefan