Re: Emacs discussed on US NPR

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Emacs discussed on US NPR
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 22:47:17 +0100

Paul Smith <paul@mad-scientist.net> writes:

> On Thu, 2015-05-28 at 22:07 +0100, Phillip Lord wrote:
>> I remember a friend of mine complaining about this. A new release of
>> Emacs, now half the keybindings will have changed. Never having seen a
>> new release of Emacs, I stuck with the old version for quite a while.
>
> I think this is an overstatement: the keys I use 99% of the time every
> day haven't changed since I started using Emacs, which was a REALLY long
> time ago.

So I found out when I finally upgraded.

> What keybindings are we talking about?

I was going to say "I have no idea, it was a while back" but I found
this:

http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~watrous/emacs-18-19.html

I do have vague memories of the RMAIL "e" rebinding that it mentions;
scary.

I shall return to reminiscing about the good old days in private, don't
mind me.

Phil