Re: Font-lock of comments using comment tokens, does it work?

From: Björn Lindqvist
Subject: Re: Font-lock of comments using comment tokens, does it work?
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 13:10:39 +0200

>> If you think you know what it should be changed to, can you tell me?
>
> I don't know enough of the context to be sure.

What extra context can I provide you with? If there is something in my
problem description that is unclear I can try to explain it more
precisely.

> Also, as Emacs
> maintainer I have enough experience/knowledge to fix most users's
> problems, but if I do that I'll just end up with more users with new
> problems to fix.  So instead I'm better off trying to train them so they
> can fix their problems themselves and even help me improve Emacs.
>
>> I've tried a dozen different permutations of the regexp and none of
>> them produces the desired result.
>
> What have you tried?  What/where were the undesired results?

And so on.  The undesired results were incorrect font-locking of
comments and regular tokens being falsely identified as comment
tokens.

--
mvh/best regards Björn Lindqvist