Re: Control-C conundrum

From: Jonathan Groll
Subject: Re: Control-C conundrum
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 13:47:17 +0200

On Wed, 3 Jun 2015 22:47:38 -0600, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> Perhaps you could say a few words about your keyboard and typing
> environment?  Are you using an ergo keyboard?

No matter what keyboard you use, I've always thought that the idea is
to always use BOTH the left and right 'modifier' keys. So, what I am
saying is that should you want to type say 'C-p' then the left hand
presses the left control key and the right hand presses the P key. For
'C-c' the right hand presses the right control key and the left hand
presses the C key. The fingers of one hand shouldn't be 'scrunched
up', and both hands should work in concert.

Of course, if you swap control with caps-lock then there isn't a
caps-lock key on the right hand side of the keyboard, so I'm not sure
what folks do in that situation.

I'm a happy Kinesis Advantage keyboard user, and that keyboard
promotes the above described usage of both sides of the keyboard. I'm
not sure how well the Advantage will work out with a thumb injury
though as you do use your thumbs quite a bit with it. Kinesis sell a
three pedal foot switch that works with their keyboards.

Cheers,
Jonathan
--
jjg: Jonathan J. Groll : groll co za