Re: Control-C conundrum

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Control-C conundrum
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 23:12:17 +0100

Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com> writes:

> * William Hatch <willghatch@gmail.com> [150604 07:36]:
>> Another option you might consider if you have pain is using one of
>> the modes that let you use 1 key at a time, such as evil (which I
>> use), god-mode, etc. Then you can completely avoid holding
>> modifiers, if that contributes to your pain. Also you can try
>> sticky keys on your OS for similar effects. I don't know if it
>> helps you, but it helps a lot of people.
>
>   That is definitely something I am going to look into as an
>   alternative. In fact, my other editor (usually lauched from
>   Midnight Commander) is vim.

Do you use GUI Emacs?  If so, then another possibility is to map the
keys that can't be mapped in the terminal.  For example, C-; C-' C-#
etc.

Like other have said, it often easier to use the modifier key at the
other side of the keyboard.  Also, on desktop keyboards it's often easy
to hold down ctrl with the knuckle of the smallest finger.

BR,
Robert Thorpe