Re: Seeking advice on writing a "line-based" major mode

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Seeking advice on writing a "line-based" major mode
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 07:37:40 -0600

Marcin> I'm going to start coding a major mode, a bit like dired or grep-mode or
Marcin> org-agenda mode, in which the buffer will contain a bunch of lines, each
Marcin> of them correspoding to some object (basically, I have a vector of these
Marcin> "objects", and I want to display them in some way).

People have already mentioned tabulated-list-mode.

Another way to go is EWOC, also part of the Emacs core.
EWOC is used at least by vc-dir but also I think some other modes.

I would suggest using whichever one fits your needs best.

Tom