Re: Control-C conundrum

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: Control-C conundrum
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 17:28:07 -0800

* Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> [150607 12:43]:
> Rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > OT for emacs but hopefully not for your situation
> > https://www.cs.princeton.edu/~arora/RSI.html
>
> Also, this is what RMS wrote about his RSI once:
>
> "My problem was not carpal tunnel syndrome: I avoid that by keeping my
> wrists pretty straight as I type. There are several kinds of hand pain
> that can be caused by repetitive stress; don't assume you have the one
> you heard of."
>
> I've read that in other places, it's worth finding out exactly what you
> have.
  OK. I will out myself.

  I have a history of doing other things than computer programming.
  I have worked as a park ranger and surveyor. I used to be able to
  drop medium - size trees with a machete. (Chainsaws are much
  heavier than machetes and it is matter of priorities if you are
  carrying lots of other gear and don't expect to have to drop a lot
  of trees). I could chop for long periods of time, switch hands and
  my usage of the machete put a lot of the impact at the base of my
  thumbs.

  So, as a senior, I now have arthritis at the base of my thumbs.

  Don't do as I did.
  cheers
--
Tim