Re: Control-C conundrum

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Control-C conundrum
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 15:34:21 -0700

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

>> > In the 1990s I bought a stock of the IBM M5 keyboards for $5 apiece. You
>> > might look into them.
>>
>>   They are on my radar screen. Thanks
>
> The classic IBM Model M keyboard is still available new today and in a
> USB version.  Unicomp manufactured the original keyboards for IBM and
> now sell them direct.
>
>   http://www.pckeyboard.com/page/UKBD/UNI0P4A
>
> Note however that I do NOT own one of these myself.  So this is simply
> a pointer and not a recommendation since I am not using a Model M
> myself.  I am looking for a quieter keyboard not a louder one and
> people complain my current keyboard is already too loud. :-)
>
> But people who love the Model M buckling spring keyboard really love
> them.  I have typed on them and they do have good tactile feedback.
> Clack, clack, clack.  They even make a version with a TrackPoint-like
> pointing stick now too.

I am leaping in for no other reason than that I just received my
DasKeyboard with Cherry brown switches, and this is the first email I'm
typing on it. I opted for the extra pretentious model (no key labels),
but unfortunately you can't get extra-pretentious *and* not have a
numerical keypad, which I regret. So there's the keypad, because
pretension is non-negotiable. The browns are supposed to be quieter than
the blues, in which case I don't want to hear the blues, because this is
not a quiet keyboard.

No further data to supply, sorry. I just got excited.

Eric