Re: windows: find init

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: windows: find init
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 04:56:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Saturday, June 13, 2015 at 1:46:04 PM UTC+5:30, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 20:42:25 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: Rusi

> > > http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/efaq-w32.html#Location-of-init-file
> >
> > [Not on windows now so from memory]
> > Yeah I know that page
> > And I tried those env-variable setting options [for a couple of hours]
> > before
> > giving up
>
> I'm guessing you have added/changed the environment variables or
> Registry values without logoff/logon afterwards, and expected that to
> work.  It won't.

Heh You are right Eli!
Its working and I didn't know it
I turn on windows once every 6 months and towards maintaining my BP
I dont turn it on again for another 6
In the session which I tried it didn't work... Didnt try again

And in all fairness *nix is just the same: Changing .profile does not work
immediately

Not directly germane to emacs but it would sure help if this fact were mentioned
in the docs.