Re: How to change Perl mode indentation to two spaces and no tabs?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to change Perl mode indentation to two spaces and no tabs?
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 02:48:06 +0200

Kenneth Wolcott <kennethwolcott@gmail.com> writes:

> Now this is *weird* :-)
>
> This time I edited body of the function, in
> ~/.emacs, using emacs, removing pieces, adding
> pieces (I'm not good at LISP!), just experimenting,
> and resulted in the original function definition.

Well, it happens. I think my rephrasing makes it more
simple and less error-prone but the puzzle pieces were
unknown to me until I saw Mr. Mastro's code, which by
the way works instantly for me just yanking it into
~/.emacs.

As a side note, I don't understand why one cannot get
this by the use of a single variable value. I seems
like a thing one would just store in a (1) variable
and then have that configurable by the user, and
propagated down the pipe. Why should it be there three
times - out of which, once negated? If there is a good
answer, this is a serious question, if there isn't,
consider it rhetorical...

> Now the two-space indentation works :-) ... Thanks,
> it seems to be working!

No problem, again, John Mastro is the guy who
solved it.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573