Using semantic lexers together with Wisent

From: Philipp Stephani
Subject: Using semantic lexers together with Wisent
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 15:53:18 +0200

Hi,

consider the following lexer/parser combination:

(with-temp-buffer
  (emacs-lisp-mode)
  (insert ".")
  (semantic-lex-init)
  (let ((wisent-lex-istream (semantic-simple-lexer (point-min) (point-max))))
    (wisent-parse
     (wisent-compile-grammar
      '((symbol)
        nil
        (dot ((?.)))))
     #'wisent-lex)))

This returns 'nil' because ?. doesn't actually match a dot.  I need to
explicitly specify 'symbol', which of course matches too much.  Is there
a way to match a specific character without defining my own lexer or
writing a wrapper around `wisent-lex'?  The Wisent examples are full of
such constructs, but they don't seem to work.

Another problem occurs with the following combination:

(with-temp-buffer
  (emacs-lisp-mode)
  (insert "-2.3")
  (semantic-lex-init)
  (semantic-simple-lexer (point-min) (point-max)))

This analyzes -2.3 as a symbol instead of a number (or punctuation +
number).  Is there a simple way to match negative numbers, again without
defining a custom lexer?

Thanks,
Philipp

--
Google Germany GmbH
Dienerstraße 12

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth Flores

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich.  Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind,
leiten Sie diese bitte nicht weiter, informieren Sie den Absender und löschen
Sie die E-Mail und alle Anhänge.  Vielen Dank.

This e-mail is confidential.  If you are not the right addressee please do not
forward it, please inform the sender, and please erase this e-mail including
any attachments.  Thanks.