RE: [OT] Long words (was: How to enter for example \200 offered by ispel

From: Jürgen Hartmann
Subject: RE: [OT] Long words (was: How to enter for example \200 offered by ispell in its buffer *Choices*)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 22:36:35 +0200

Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> I like language-based jokes a lot.  (How about this: a female student of
> humanities ask her female friend studying CS about dating prospects at
> her faculty.  The answer?  "The odds are good, but the goods are
> odd.";-))

LOL! Nice pun.

An IMHO also admirable genre of language-based humor (not quite jokes) is
that of shaking rhymes--I don't know whether this is the right term for them:
related lines of these rhymes contain phrases whose syllables or just single
letters are swapped like in spoonerisms. Example:

   From rose to rose they flutter by,
   hummingbird and butterfly.

or

   He couldn't find a parking space,