Re: Check for redundancy

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Check for redundancy
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 16:55:15 +0200

Am 24.06.2015 um 15:23 schrieb Drew Adams:
is there a check for redundancy in code?
Byte-compile warnings seem not to cover this.
I don't have an answer.  But maybe start by defining "redundancy".
Do you mean more than one definition of something in a file?
A function? variable? macro?

The term is not specific to programming: expressing things which have been expressed already. Human language needs it, as we may not grasp the meaning at first time, also repeating contributs to sense sometimes.

WRT to programming: for example two or more functions taking the same kind of arguments, producing the same result but are named differently and reside at different places in code.

Given these code is designed to be processed at same time and location, that would be redundant.

Pertains to all kind of definitions.