Re: How to get decent java-script support

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: How to get decent java-script support
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 18:14:44 +0300

On 06/25/2015 06:03 PM, Rasmus wrote:

Would you mind if I open a bug on that on github?  I don't know if it's a
d3 thing or something that is generally useful for JS.

If you want to open a bug, do it for js-mode, via M-x report-emacs-bug.

js2-mode intends to reuse its indentation engine.

It's can get pretty nasty so I don't know if rules can be written.
E.g.

var myvar = d3.select("#whatever")
               .somefun(arg)
               .call(d3.something_else(arg)
                       .anotherfun(arg));

You'd not actually write code like that of course (the something_else call
would be factored out to a separate var), so for the majority of code it
would be enough to just align on the first dot.

Yes, that could be non-trivial. I haven't looked into it much, though.